Tuesday, February 7, 2012

5th week?

HEY!!! 

This week was really awesome! A bit hot but awesome!! The Portuguese is coming along. When the people talk slow I can almost always understand them; and most the time I don’t have to translate it in my head, it just kind of happens... haha. There is still TON for me to learn but Elder Harding is really good at helping me with the pronunciation and all that jazz. I am almost done with the Livro de Mórmon should just be another week. It’s kind of crazy how much my language skills have I'm proved just by reading the Book of Mormon. Definitely has been a testimony builder for me, I know that book has power! 

I got my camera today!!! Next week I will have pictures to send and you guys will know what it looks like down here hahah. I guess the camera won’t be able to show you how hot it is but just know it’s hot. Today it was 38C which is 100.4F hahah and today is cloudy. (Don’t worry mom I’ve been using sunscreen everyday, but I still have a sick watch tan... and tan from my shirt). Haha last night this little kid he was 4 was just playing with my watch for the whole lesson he loved how it lighted (is that a word?) up and glowed (is that a word?) ehh my brain not the strongest in the language department right now. I always laugh at Elder Harding because he sometimes doesn’t know the English word... but I hope that happens to me here some day soon haha. 

Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting, it was really good, and unlike last month I understood most of it. The testimonies were very simple and strong. We had an investigator (kind of he was just a guy we passed on the street who decided to come with us) and at the end we asked him what he thought, he said... this was great you guys know how to run a meeting. Haha. Its kind of crazy down here; people just go to what ever church they feel like... there are some many churches its crazy, like seriously there is 2 on every block at least!!! On Friday night we are walking home and we walk home past a lot of churches and a lot of times people in the churches will turn and look at us... they feel the spirit we have and it is missing in their meeting and they want it... they stop and turn and look at us, or sometimes people stare at us... maybe we are really good looking but I think they can sense the sprit with us.

I love you all and miss you guys! Please keep me in your prayers, the lord is protecting me and watching out for me. His hand is in this work.

Elder Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment