Monday, January 30, 2012

4th week in the field

Hey!!

Sorry for no letter last week in this internet cafe some kid tuned off my power... it took a while to get started up and it took like 20 min off my e mail time.

So life in the field is pretty awesome. My companion Elder Harding is from Lehi Utah and is every bit the trainer I have been praying for. Sadly he is finishing up his mission and will go home on the 14th so we only got one transfer together. He is a bold teacher of the gospel and he is so patient with me and learning the language. Also its super awesome when he teaches because he teaches with the spirit everyone who is in the room feels the truth of our message... sadly we have come across people who don’t care and their hearts are hardened, they deny the holy ghost they do not let him into their heart... when this happens its really sad. We leave the lesson not upset but just sad... truly sad. Godly sorrow is what it is called. We have done all we can and they will not listen, it’s truly a unique experience. 

So I live in Bella Vista we have a nice house with 3 rooms 2 bathrooms a kitchen, microwave, washer, the whole 9 yards and we live there with the Assistants. When I get my camera I will take some pictures send them, the place is nice and the only bad part is that our chapel is a good 2miles away, so in the heat of the Teresina sun that’s not to much fun but I’ve gotten use to the constant sweating. It’s pretty normal now. haha

So Mom to answer some of your questions: yeah I got pictures taken with the mission president; they took some at the airport when we landed. Oh so the flight was direct from Sao Paulo to Teresina. The Teresina airport is really small; we walked off the plane onto the run way into the only baggage claim. It was cool, when we were flying in you could see the city of Teresina and then just trees for miles and miles. Even here in my area when I get to the top of a hill its just some houses and then in the distance it’s just trees and trees. 
We do our laundry in our washer I think all the areas now have washers Elder Harding says that I’m lucky because his whole mission he had to do it by hand and also the microwaves are just now finally in all the houses so that’s nice too. I still have my suits and if the chapel has AC you have to wear it in sacrament meeting. My chapel is really nice and has AC so we get to wear our suits this is the only time of the week that I am cold hahah.
I haven’t gained any weight yet, ill keep you posted though. But Elder Harding has stayed the same his whole time here except once he got sick and dropped to 127 he is 6ft and weighs just under 150 so he was really skinny but he has gained it back now. The weirdest thing I have had is Cow foot. It just tastes like beef not that strange. But they have a soda here (oh yeah I started drinking soda you kinda have to because every lunch the members serve soda) called Guaranu, its soooo good and they make the soda here with real fruit juice so the fanta and sprite here taste really good... not that I really remember how they taste in the states, hahah. 

This week I was super blessed we went to go teach a lesson with a member and the person we were going to visit was not home so we went next door and asked if they would like to hear a messages they said sure so we went in and began talking about churches, and the Husband said "there are just so many churches and if we only have one god why is there such confusion. And how are we suppose to know what one is the true one." My jaw dropped.... And we told him "well that is a very good question, and one that a 14 year old boy also had, his name was Joseph Smith" it was CRAZY, we will go and teach him some more this week and hopefully he will got to church this week. 

Well I love you all and miss you bunches!!! Please keep up the prayers for Portuguese I need all the blessings I can get :)

Love Elder Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment