Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 17, 2012

Aunt Helen was a great example of how generous and content we all should be.

So I know it’s only been a few days but here are a few photos, my comp (photo #1), a frog that likes our plates. Elder King (from my MTC group was called as Zone Leader too) Elder Maciel (he was sad that it’s not a goal to baptize ever week) also there is Elder Sloan (he goes home at the end of the year! CRAZY he only had a year when I got here) then also some MAC AND CHEESE!!!!  And a photo with Elder F Souza, Elder Gardner and Elder Abreu... 3 bosses of the mission in Teresina, Brazil.

At the end of this week I was a bit sad because all our numbers were low and we hadn't found any new families. Basically I was just trying to figure out what I was supposed to do here in Araguaina. So I got a blessing from my companion and after that blessing I really felt ok about everything, I just felt a peace come over me. So it’s not like something big happened but right now I know that God is aware of me and my efforts here and he is more than willing to help.

I was talking to my comp yesterday about sacrifice, I have been thinking a lot about the line in the song "Praise to the Man" (Allan, do you still playing that song?). When it says "sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven" I think that means it is by our sacrifice to the commandments to doing the Lord’s will that we truly receive blessings from Heaven. We were talking how some missionaries sacrifice the time of 2 years, there are more than 50,000 in the field currently but how many never make the sacrifice of their heart to the work they are doing.  It’s not something easy to do, I’m still working on making that sacrifice but I think it comes when you bring yourself closer to God though prayer, fasting and study. Just a thought I had.

One of our progressing families stopped... it was rough. We had a lesson with them and their pastor was there, then the next visit we made the husband said that he didn’t want to study anymore. Don’t ever let people tell you what you  need to do for your salvation... only God can reveal that to you.

Well I love you all and my prayers are with you. Mom, you did an awesome job for 9 years taking care of Aunt Helen, EVERY DAY!!! I still have her photo in my album that I show to people. :)

AMO VOCES!!!

Elder Howe










 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment