Monday, September 17, 2012

September 14, 2012

So I’m late... sorry had training in Teresina for 2 days and then had the 18 hour bus ride one way you got 4 days full of learning!!!

I forgot my camera I’ll have to send some photos on Monday sorry...

So my companion, Elder Abreu is AWESOME!!! He is from Curitiba!!! and basically he is just the type of person Araguaina needs. He is 20 but already got his undergrad in analysis... so well like be studying together and he just reads a sentence in Preach my gospel and then like bam!!! He has some crazy formula for how to gain the confidence of the new investigators we have... I wish my brain worked like his... maybe I can trade with him haha. His family was baptized like 6 years ago. And he truly loves the work. We are going to do great things here; we have started fasting more and are just becoming more in tune with the spirit. It’s really cool.

The meeting we had was good. President told us BAPTISMS DO NOT MATTER IF they don’t go to the temple. He said the only thing he asks of us is to increase the frequency at sacrament meeting and baptize one family per month... that’s all he wants us to do, so the focus from BAPTISE EVERYONE!!! Has changed to only baptize those who will stay firm and who will help establish God’s kingdom.

I know that this is without a doubt the place the Lord needs me right now. There is not a better place for me. I know that this is the Lords work and his glory... and he has trusted me to help out a little bit. I know God lives and loves each and every one of us... we are HIS children. If we seek him we shall find him.

I love you all and miss you too!!

Love Elder Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment