Saturday, December 17, 2011

Week Five 12/7/11

Oi,

Thank you all for the letters I love all the stickers you put on them and the drawings (Marlene) it’s so sweet... and the cat stickers hahaha.
Sounds like a lot of changes have been going on. Allan with a new bed and Irene and Erica with new phones and Bunk beds? And a white Christmas tree!!!! It that right you guys are now in bunk beds? I’m glad to hear raking went fast sounds like it went too fast and Irene Got injured, and now we don’t have Icicles!! So crazy the MTC doesn’t have any traditions that I know of for Christmas but I hear we all get a tie (surprise) and another Ice cream night!!! Hamah I’m pumped. We have also been singing lots of xmas songs. Twice a week we have devotionals Tuesday night and Sunday night, and both times we sing and this whole month we are doing Christmas songs. It’s awesome to sing about Christ in Portuguese and with 200 other missionaries.
It sounds like you guys all enjoyed Cafe rio. thanks for eating a burrito for me dad.

So mom asked what my favorite scripture is and to be honest I can’t really think of just one... I think last week I told you guys alma 41 10 and I do love that one so much. But since being here I have found so many cool scriptures I will see how many I can talk about.

Alma 26:22
Ammon is rejoicing with his brethren over the success they have had in converting thousands of their brothers to the gospel of Christ I love this whole chapter but this verse tells me 4 things I need to do and then blessing that will come if I do them. 1 repent 2 exercise faith 3 brings forth good works and 4 pray continually. and then the blessing s is you will be given the mysteries of god, and also given to bring 1000´s of people unto Christ! What an awesome scripture. I turn to this one whenever I need a quick lift.

alma 17:11

this in ammon and his brothers before their missions and it is how the lord tells them to be patient, long-suffering, in my afflictions and show forth good examples and the lord with make me an instrument of me in his hands to bring the salvation of many souls unto him! I love this one I found it just flipping though the Book of Mormon one day when I was really struggling with Portuguese. and it’s just so awesome to know that all I do the lord will help me and be with me and use me as in instrument in his hands. it is quite a blessing, which is really my desire, to do the lords will. To be that missionary that he goes to when he needs a job done.

This week was also really awesome, Elder cooper and I have truly witnessed the lord’s power. Let’s just say that a few weeks ago we were not very good at teaching... like at all we had lost all our "invesgatiors" and it was just really bad. But with a push from Brother Zamboni we were able to get refocused and become a unified companionship. we began to talk about our weaknesses and how to overcome them. we then went to the lord in prayer together as companions, and I know that I had never felt so humbled in my life. I was called to serve the lord and I couldn’t even teach some "investigators" about the gospel I had been living my whole life. over the next few weeks we set some goals together, to be 100% obedient to use all our study time to its fullest and to help each other overcome our weaknesses... and you know what? the lord was aware of our sacrifices and our wanting to be able to teach and learn, and he blessed us for it. now I’m not saying we are like super awesome at teaching or anything but what I have witnesses can only be described at the hand of the lord guiding us and the spirit of the lord helping us learn and teach. I know he will continue to help me and will help me whenever I humble myself and ask. I love you guys! Have another awesome week!!!

Love Elder Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment