Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 17, 2013






Well this week I can say that mericales happen. so last week and also for like ever since I  got here we have had trouble getting people to go to church we have had like 1 or 2 people at church, but it was like a problem in the whole zone too. so we did a zone fast that our plans we made to get people to church would work out.... and well wouldn’t you know it, IT DID!!! the zone doubled the number of people in church and the lord blessed us with 8 investigators! it was so Awesome!!

Our bishop also began to reorganize the home teachers. less actives come to church this week. so changes are happening and the ward is excited. I got to talk on Sunday, and I had prepared my talk to be 10 min... it was more like 8 min and 45 sec. then right before the meeting started the bishop told me... oh you talking for 15 min!!!! hahah I was like well.... fart. hahah so I come up with a few stores and stuff and in the end it all worked out. I shared the story of dad coming back to church and the role that the home teacher had in it and the effect that it has had, and is now having on many people’s lives. I even got some people to cry... including myself hahah.

We are super focused on our zone goal of 20 baptisms this month. we had lunch at the stake pres. house Sunday and we told him about this goal... he said if we got 20 he will buy pizza for the whole zone...Man if you want to motivate elders just get them pizza! hahah so now we are super excited. this week we marked 3 dates for the 29th... in effort to help reach the goal of 20. we had a cool experience with one investigator, we marked a date with him and then invited him to offer the closing prayer... they lesson hadn’t been very spiritual or very powerful and I didn’t even really know if he had understood what we were teaching him. but in his prayer he prayed so fervently that the lord could prepare him to be baptized on the 29th. as he prayed the spirit filled the room and I was filled with peace. It is truly amazing to me how God, the creator of all things and the master of the universe, stops and listens to his children when they pray with real intent. He loves us so much that he was aware of us as we kneeled in a dark house in a small city at the end of the day... truly amazing.

We met a new family this week. The 2nd counselor in the bishopric works for a company called herbalife (is it big in the usa) and he has a "boss" who is very successful in the company. we visited their store and they had a cioffietabel full of photo albums from all over the world... San Francisco, curses, all this places. so we began talking to him and his wife, they were so receptive. I was truly shocked... he admitted that he was missing a lot on his spiritual side and needed to be strengthened. we explained to him how the church functioned   and he commented that a while back his daughter had been married in our chapel; he recalled the feelings of peace he experienced as he entered the church. He accepted graciously the book of Mormon and invited us to comeback. we will return this week but I am super excited to go back he is a man that could truly help the church here in this city.

well I am just lost in the lord’s work. thank you for the prayers!





No comments:

Post a Comment