Friday, April 13, 2012

Abril 2nd


In the airport upon my arrival


Included the President and his wife along with other Missionaries


In the Presidents home

AHHHHHHHHH I just wrote and the key board has a sticky backspace and it deleted what I wrote... but it was only like 2 lines haha.  

This week was super awesome because I got to watch General Conference IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! We had a set up in one of the classrooms with AC; we had the computer up on 2 desks and watched it. Quite a change from one year ago sitting in the conference center but I felt the same spirit and that’s was a cool thing to learn.

I have been called as a trainer; for those of you who don’t know what that means, I am responsible for my NEW companion, Elder F. Souza. Believe it or not he has less time than me in the field (he has almost a whole week!). I am to teach him the "ropes"  or better said, the things I am still learning myself. Please pray for me. He is super awesome, he is from San Paulo and really just has a desire to be the Lord’s servant. His birthday was yesterday, yes he was born on April fool’s day. HAHAHA that was a fun fact to learn. I was going to make him a cake but I was short an egg... is there anything you can use to substitute for an egg in baking? Maybe we´ll do that today.

It has been awesome opportunities to learn and grow you truly learn more from teaching, and I have realized my years of swim coaching and the time I spent coaching XC are coming in handy. Truly the lord prepares us for all things in his way and in his time.

I love you all AND miss you!!! Please keep me in your prayers. I need all the help I can get.

Love Elder Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment